2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary 6-Speed Manual. 1 Of 1525 Produced. 157K Miles.
45th Anniversary package details
the 45th Anniversary Special Edition commemorates both Camaro’s lineage and its 21st-century revival. Camaro fans will get their first look at the 45th Anniversary Special Edition at the Camaro5 Fest II, April 15 in Arizona. The anniversary package will be offered on Camaro’s top two trim levels (2LT and 2SS) for both coupe and convertible body styles.
The exterior signature of the 45th Anniversary Special Edition is its unique rally stripe, in red and silver, that contrasts the Carbon Flash Metallic paint. The package also includes:
- Unique 45th Anniversary hood and deck stripes; badges located beneath the front fender emblems
- New-design 20-inch wheels in dark silver
- Fog lamp and taillamp bezels finished in dark silver
- RS-style taillamp lenses
- Standard rear spoiler and HID headlamps
- Body-color roof molding
- Jet Black interior with leather-trimmed seats featuring the 45th Anniversary logo
- White instrument panel and door trim inserts with the 45th Anniversary logo on the instrument panel
- Red, white and blue stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob/boot, door armrests and console lid
- 45th Anniversary logo on the steering wheel and sill plates.
As for the 45th-Anniversary cars, a total of 8,283 5th-Gens were built for last year. This substantially higher production number boils down to 269 V6 manuals, 1,942 6-shooter autos, only 66 manual V6 convertibles,
638 V6 auto convertibles,
1,525 V8 manual coupes,
2,216 V8 auto coupes,
524 V8 manual convertibles and
1,103 V8 auto convertibles.
Needless to say, it will be fascinating to see what will be considered a “collector’s item” even 10-15 years from now. The days of streetable COPO supercars may be gone, but for a new generation of Camaro fans the Transformer and 45th-Anniversary 5th-Gens may just prove to be the equivalent!